Cyril of Jerusalem

Catechetical Lectures, 347-348 AD Bishop Cyril, who administered his baptismal catecheses before the Tomb of the Holy Sepulchre in the middle of the 4th century, left in his writing traces of descriptions of the important construction that Constantine’s architects had Read More …

Bell tower

After the facade had been completed, in 1172 the Crusaders erected a bell tower on its left, thereby modifying the facade’s symmetry by giving it a vertical thrust that today can no longer be seen. In fact, the artistic beauty Read More …

Parvis and entry

Through the narrow streets of the Souk of the Old City, teeming with vendors, religious souvenirs and intrigued pilgrims, one arrives almost unexpectedly before the entrance to the Church of the Holy Sepulchre.

At the front of a small paved square Read More …